V's Craft Barn Is Now On Etsy!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/vgonzales29

Friday, January 27, 2012

My Sign Adventure

So I found this tutorial online for a cheap way to make what looks like vintage subway signs. It looked easy and something I could do. I didn't want a bunch of words; I just wanted my last name with established 2002 on it. Easy right? Wrong. Hahaha I laugh at myself now. I went around and around how I could make the letter stick to the board without having a vinyl cutter. So I thought vinyl shelf paper would work if I used tacky spray adhesive to glue to letters onto the shelf paper. I hope your following this. :) So that part worked great and my husband was even kind enough to hand cut out my letter with a little tiny blade. (I need a cricut) So I have it all ready to go onto the board and bamm I am stopped dead in my tracks. The back isn’t sticky enough to stay down on the board. I can’t paint over it if the silly thing won’t stay down. So I jumped on facebook begging for someone I know to have a cricut or silhouette machine. My friend Jennifer came to my rescue, and I went and bought the vinyl paper from cricut (A little more than I wanted to pay) and it worked beautifully. The fonts that thing can do were amazing. I could go on for about an hour on what that little thing can do. So I had what I needed and the vinyl was even repositionable so that was so helpful when placing my letters on the board. I used a flour scrapper from my kitchen to make sure all bubbles were out sprayed it with four coats of black paint. Peeled the vinyl stickers off and this is what I have.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me feedback!